Monday, August 2, 2010

Attempting Moral Recovery

Dear Reader: 

If you've paid enough attention to my profile, you'll probably realize I'm lying about who I am. That is not my real name, nor is it my real identity - both are irrelevant to my purpose for writing this blog. Think of me as a random sample from the sea of today's Filipino teenagers: I listen to Kpop, am fascinated with pasta, enjoy watching anime, adore Harry Potter. All I know about nationalism I learned from Pilipinas tshirts and generally uninformative TV shows about the EDSA revolution. I'd like to know more about who I am as a Filipino; I'd like to have some semblance of an identity. And so I'm starting a blog to record everything I'm learning about the Philippines. 

If you wish, you may learn with me. I'd like that. It'd mean you care, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment